Total Pageviews

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Easy Rainbow Cake

So rainbow cakes are all over Pinterest but since I am not very good at frosting cakes I have not attempted one. UNTILL NOW!!! I found this photo of a rainbow cake a blog called jigsaw cupcakes.
So pretty right!! So I decided to make one similar for my son's first birthday. Here are the results.
Not quite as bright as the original but I was happy with the result. And so was Jake. :)
And here is the aftermath.
It was a really fun project. It is pretty self explanatory to make. You choose the cake you choose the frosting and you color them and stack them. The only two tips I have are to make sure you frost each layer up to the edge and thick enough so you can see the color really well in each layer. And two, I used a marshmallow frosting and while it tasted great it does not hold up over time so you would need to eat it the same day. Well that's it, so get your self some food coloring and get to work.

Follow us Pinterest at Leanne I'd Pin That and Charlotte I'd Pin That. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment