Total Pageviews

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Crayon Hearts

Hey Charlotte here.Wow, I'd just like to mention that I spelled my name wrong like three times back there... how embarrassing! Anyway, I would like to take you back a few months. You are about to experience my very first incident experimenting with Pinterest! I melted crayons. How boring you say?? Well now, let me show you. 
Now don't you feel bad for doubting me? Pretty fantastic, yeah? Anyone who knows me knows I love tie dye and this is essentially the crayon version. Here is the original pin I found: Crayon Hearts, originally posted on Chef Messy.
I had tons of fun with the outcome, I mean siriusly (HP reference anyone?) how lovely are these? It may be the lazy girl inside of me, but the preparation for the actual craft was a bit tedious. I had to strip all the crayons down to nakedness. Honestly it was quite scandalous! From there I just cut them into small pieces and used a silicone heart shaped cupcake pan and melted the crayons at 230 degrees fahrenheit for 15 minutes. 
  Worked like a charm really. Only thing I would warn you of is the crayons dye silicon! Unfortunately I borrowed my pan from my roommate and even after scrubbing forever, I returned the pan to her slightly tie dyed. :/ Fortunately she is the best ever and didn't even get mad. Other than that, a great success! If only my 10 year old self had known the joys of melting crayons. Wouldn't this be the perfect activity and party favor?  Kudos to you Pinterest on a job well done. 
By the way, how do you say crayon??? 

Follow me on pinterest at Charlotte I'd Pin That. Yes, I post everything Harry Potter and tie dye. And of course I am planning a wedding to my imaginary boyfriend....

No comments:

Post a Comment