Total Pageviews

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Crayon T-Shirts


I am a huge fan of making T-shirts. I was showing my BFF my latest DIY shirt and he was like, "How many t-shirts do you have?" I counted 19..... haha Anyway, crayon art seemed so much easier than tie dye so I went for it!
Here is the original pin: Crayon T-Shirts and their blog is called Alphamom. I have to say this has been one of my favorite crafts from Pinterest. It is just so simple and works really well.
I do have a few tips though. First of all don't get anything but Crayola Crayons! Okay I haven't tried any other kind, but from personal experience other brands just don't measure up. Because you are directly drawing on sandpaper it is going to wear the crayons down pretty fast, so cheep crayons may not be the best choice.
Now I did hearts and my roommate mustaches. Classy, no? I think it would be fun to just let a kid go crazy with a crayon and then put it on their shirt. Then they can proudly proclaim their art skills! Here is what it looks like before ironing on.
 The crayon transfer really well and all the shirts turned out fantastic! I did try to reuse a heart, but that definitely didn't work. One thing I would definitely recommend, iron over the transferred crayon with a paper towel. This helps take off excess crayon so it won't transfer to other parts of the shirt. And the first time I washed my shirt, I didn't dry it, because that transfers crayon also. Here are the finished products.



So snazzy! Baha Good times for sure. But definitely try it out, its a great lazy girl craft. I can't testify to that. I am a bonafide lazy girl.

Follow us on Pinterest. Charlotte and Leanne!

No comments:

Post a Comment