Total Pageviews

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Not So Drunken Pork Chops

Hey all, I am the sister previously spoken of, my name is Leanne. (Hello Leanne) And I am addicted to Pinterest. Now like all addictions there have been some highs and some lows. There have been hours lost to who knows where, but there have also been some miraculous creations. Speaking of creations, this afternoon I was perusing Pinterest and came upon a recipe for "Drunken Pork Chops". It caught my eye because as luck would have it I had just pulled out pork chops to defrost for dinner earlier today. Now I am not know for sticking to a recipe and this time was no different. The "drunken" part of the recipe was beer and not being a drinker myself I decided to substitute in Pepsi and balsamic vinegar. So I am going to call it "Not So Drunken Pork Chops".
Let me tell you they were good. I just followed the recipe on "Siggy Spice" with about 12oz of Pepsi and 1-2 tbs of vinegar instead of the beer. (Which I am sure would have been delicious too.) Oh and I skipped the cornstarch slurry too. My sauce was thick enough already.
We all loved it! The sauce was sweet and tangy because of the ketchup and vinegar, and the Pepsi and brown sugar gave it depth and a rich flavor. This I think will become one of my go to pork chop meals because it was delicious and easy.
My husband even had seconds which is saying a lot since he doesn't like pork chops. He couldn't even finish the fried potatoes I made which are one of his favorites. I think that the potatoes were good but what really made the whole thing work together was the spicy ketchup we had on the potatoes. It is made by The Original Australians and they call it their Tomato Ketchup for Grownups. My mother-in-law introduced us to it and it is to die for. The sauce for the pork chops was very sweet but countered with the spicy ketchup on the crispy potatoes it was delicious.
Now I know you are all noticing the lack of veggies at our table, and while I had planned on making something with carrots time just didn't work in my favor today. So anyone out there with a good carrot recipe for next time. Pin it my way!
Here is the original post on the Siggy Spice blog, she has some awesome stuff over there. And If you want to follow all my pinning escapades. (I warn you I can be excessive at times) Look me up on Pinterest my user name is Leanne I'd Pin That.

No comments:

Post a Comment