Total Pageviews

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Elmer's Glue Tie Dye


Did I mention I love to tie dye? I am pretty sure I have about 10 plus clothing articles that I have dyed. Not to mention my pillowcase and bedspread....



Good time! So when I saw this pin for Elmer's Glue Tie Dye on Pinterest, I couldn't resist! Here is the original pin: Elmer's Glue Tie Dye and the original site: U-Create. Basically you use the blue Elmer's glue to draw or write what you want and let it completely dry. Once you do that you can tie dye it like normal and when you wash it, whatever was in glue  stays white. This is the finished product!



I wear this handy dandy apron to work every day! And if you can't tell, that is a heart on it. Baha! And my nephew Baby Oboe wears that onesie like it is goin out of style, because he surely does love his Aunt Dot AKA Me! So as you may be able to see, the glue kind of ran together and the words aren't as clear as wanted. I could blame it on the glue, but it seems that the girl who originally posted it had no issues. I guess I am just not very talented, those genes went to our very own sister Claire unfortunately. We did try to do a bear, but it ended up pretty blobby. I also found that the fabric doesn't stay completely white, but that may have to do with my dye. 
Poor failed bear! Overall, I give this pin 4 stars. I would give that extra star, but gosh warn me next time that only the extremely talented gluers will truly succeed. 
Follow me on Pinterest? Charlotte I'd Pin That :)

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I would pin that.
    Btu I'm the kind of lazy that I would use the glue, and then probably just dye the shirt all one colour, cause I'd just want my name on it or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And can I just say that trying to match the character identification in order to post a comment took me forever?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry! Wish I knew what that meant and maybe I could attempt to fix it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha that's exactly what I was thinking Charlotte! But I was afraid of looking like we had no idea what we were doing. Oh well thats all gone to heck now. :) Carly!! What do these words you type mean?

    ReplyDelete